Granby Recreation & Leisure Services
Skip to nav
Junk in your Trunk Community Tag Sale/Sports Equipment Swap
Welcome to Granby Rec's third annual Junk in your Trunk Community Yard Sale! This year, we are so excited to expand our Junk celebrations; in addition to our well-loved community yard sale, we are also providing a space to swap out those gently used and out-grown cleats, gloves, bats, helmets, etc. Kiddos in need of some new season gear? Donate what doesn't fit and grab something that does! (Crafters & small businesses welcome, too!)
Saturday, May 11, 2024 from 9am - 1pm.
Register early at www.GranbyRec.com - space is limited.
You will be responsible for taking all your unsold items home with you.
What is Junk in your Trunk?
Junk in your Trunk is essentially a parking lot full of cars with folks selling their unwanted treasures and items they no longer use. Shoppers get all the fun of browsing and buying these items with the convenience of it all being in one spot.
How to participate:
To sell your items, please register at www.GranbyRec.com. Each parking space is $25. You can register for one or more (if you have lots of stuff). Cars must be in place by 8am so you have time to set up and are ready to sell at 9am.
While none of this is required (you can totally just literally sell things out of the trunk of your car if you want to!), We recommend also bringing anything you'd want if selling at a garage sale or flea market like:
- A folding table, clothing rack, milk crates, or something else to display your wares
- Camping or folding chairs for anyone who will be manning the booth/trunk
- A cash box or bag
- Extra rolls of coins and small bills to make change
- Something to mark your prices
- A canopy tent or a hat and some sunscreen
- Freebies for kids like individually wrapped candy, stickers, pencils, etc. (parents shop longer when kids stay in one place for longer!)
- Marketing materials if you have a store or brand to promote
- A Square reader or other method of accepting card based payments if you have access to one.
- Decorations to make your selling area cute, whether that's the trunk of your car or an elaborate table setup!
To shop at the Trunk Sale, all you have to do is show up at Salmon Brook Park on Saturday, May 11th from 9am to 1pm! Admission is free for shoppers of all ages, so there's no way to lose! It's best to bring some cash, as some individuals may not have a way to accept cards and it would be a bummer to miss out on something great because of that!
Most importantly, whether you are buying or selling, come ready to have fun!